In a previous article we wrote about some Tibetan Mastiffs which were extremely expensive,ranging in costs from half a million to over one Million U.S.D!
In this article we will look at the Puppy prices of the Ten most expensive dog breeds presently in Nigeria.
– These are not Free Classified add prices,which are sometimes manipulated,but real time prices from select group close to the Dogs Arena Nigeria team.
– Not being for purposes of advertisement,the source names are not included.
1. The Tibetan Mastiff is the most expensive dog breed in Nigeria.Some of the few we saw may have been mixed with the Caucasian Shepherd,and came out looking less hairy.
The Caucasian is in fact a cousin to the Tibetan.
Pure Red/Tan Tibetan Mastiffs are rare in Nigeria and cost about N500,000 to One Million Naira.
The darker,Tibetan Mastiffs closer in color and looks to black Caucasian Shepherds cost about N300,000- N400,000.
2. English Bulldogs-Real,Prime English Bulldogs are rare in Nigeria.The very few we saw then cost about N400,000 and now they are already more then 11 weeks old.
3. Prime American Bulldogs-Most people in Nigeria have not paid proper attention to the fact that there are in fact two main types of American Bull dogs,the Standard type and the Bully Type.
Again we notice some measure of compromise in looks of this breed.
Prime American Bulldogs may be a little taller than Boerboels-up to 28 inches tall and weigh same as Cane Corso dogs..These sort,when seen cost N350,000-N400,000.The Dogs Arena team has some of these types,very few though.
4. Prime Neapolitan Mastiffs-Cost about N250,000.Several puppies have been advertised for less,but breed standards is a factor.
5. Prime Cane Corso-Puppies cost about N200,000.Less suggests a compromise in standards.
6. Prime Boerboels-Puppies cost about N150,000-N200,000.
N100,000 is possible,but this suggests either a breeder ready to let go or some compromise.
7. The Caucasian Shepherd-A wonderful breed that is doing so well in Nigeria.
Prime Puppies should cost from about N120,00-N150,000 up to N200,000 for the top puppies.
8. Pugs-Wonderful toy dogs.A few friends of the Dogs Arena Team have these wonderful dogs.N120,000-N150,00O is a fair price for a prime pug in Nigeria.
9. Box Head Rottweilers-The term “Box Head” I first heard here in Nigeria.The German Rottweiler is thicker than the American,and the Box head name came about as a result of this.The Roman Rottweiler is a giant dog breed and the only one in our list is an adult male,which the owner says he will not sell for N500,000.
Otherwise a prime German(Box Head) Rottweiler should cost N110,000 -N140,000.
10. Lhasa Aspo/Dobberman Pinscher- Puppies of these two,if Prime should cost upwards of N75,000.
*A prime GSD/Alsatian in Nigeria should cost similar to the Doberman,however most cost less and standard is an issue here.
**Great danes raneg so much in prices-I have seen prime Black,Blue,Great Dane Puppies that the owners wanted at least N150,000 for and justifiably so.
I have seen other colors too of high price.
***American Mastiffs,English Mastiffs,Prime Dogue De Bordeaux cost much but a few and far between. We only know of one real prime American Mastiff.
**** Prime Kangals are to our knowledge not yet available in Nigeria,same for Bully Kutas.Fraud and dishonest ownership claims are factors here.
The Dogs Arena team has been offered Bully Kuta dogs for 2,500 U.S.D and Kangals for 3,000 U.S.D but export from Turkey is a prohibitive factor.Those outside Turkey still have owners with less than honorable intentions.Still we hope that very soon….
Tan/RedTibetan Mastiff picture courtesy – Dogster.com